Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy July?

Yeah, I know it's a day late. But I didn't realize how much I love July until today.
I got up at 8:48, showered, ate, did something for mom and then walked up to the pool to get my shoes. I had to walk some letters to the post office. On my way up, I thought, "Gee, it's a little warm today." I looked at the thermometer. 82º at 9:30. "Hmmm. It's already a bit too warm and it's not even 10." (My ideal heat is about 79º) Anyway, I walked in to town, came home, did stuff, went babysitting. We went to the pool over in town, from which we got to walk home. I got home at about 3:45 or something, and went out and looked at the thermometer again. 100º. Ouch. Not even the hottest part of the day. Right now it's 6:24 and 97º. Geezo.
So go ahead, guys. Complain about the cold and rain. I'm going to sit here and wish for a big bottle of ice dumped down my back. And I'm just hoping it won't be 100 degrees when I come to visit. Oh no.

(Editors Note: At 10 or 11 it was still 70 out. All these temperatures were taken in the shade, also.)

16 comments:

Daisy said...

100 degrees... that's my body temperature right now. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Darn, Erin. I'm sorry.

Shill, don't worry. It might get up to 85* or something. I hope it's not rainy though.

Zenka said...

Thanks, Herm, that's encouraging.
The worst part is that you can't even stand on pavement without shoes on. Ever heard the expression, "the pavement's hot enough to cook eggs on"? I think it might actually be true...
Erin, that sucks. I'm sorry. Sickness is no fun. :( Be better by YFL, though, or else I'll cry. *sniff*

Daisy said...

I was watching the news yesterday (a rarity for me) and they said that it could get up to 90 degrees here on the 4th. It's funny that we Washingtonians think that that's REALLY HOT!... I think I would probably melt if it got up to 100 degrees up here.
Enjoy the sun! If I were down there I would dump a bucket of ice on you! (That's probably not too comforting...)

Anonymous said...

Mm... I think 95 degrees is my ideal temperature. Sometimes hotter, sometimes cooler.

Anonymous said...

Sean was telling us that in Vegas, it's like 110*. Heh... wilt.

michelle said...

yay! the hotter the better...I'd love to magically fly down for a day and soak up the heat... :)

michelle said...

oh, by the way I changed my question on my profile just for you. I like this one much better! lol! *sheila kills me

Fiona S M Bernhoft said...

I don't know exactly where it gets too hot, but the past week it has DEFINITELY been too hot. I wish I were in Washington right now. I actually AM melting like a candle!

Emma said...

I would say 80* or 85* is perfect. I hate really hot weather though. Sheil, at least it's not humid down there. In SC it's going to be super hot and muggy, which is way worse than dry heat. Happy 4th everyone.

Anonymous said...

all I can say to that, Ems, is that you weren't in ND a week ago. It was hot, humid, and we were all wearing tons of black clothes the whole time. Whewee...
Anyway, I changed my mind. I like 85-90 best. I just had to get used to it a little. Now it's not even that hot anymore. It's like 96 outside, and I'm fine. Oh yeah...
Anyway, only 4 days or something now, huh? :) lol *michelle dies of laughter*

michelle said...

*michelle readies herself for a showdown

bff
ttyl
lol
brb
jk
and the final END ALL!
lylas
guess that one!

Anonymous said...

i don't have time to think right now, but i'll figure it out later. guess this one:
loltyatk.
deirdre, rabic, bing NO TELLING!
btw, (haha!) i'll finish this showdown later, michelle. :)

Anonymous said...

Kissing you with the heart, Keis! Don't read this till you're in Warsh! LOLTYATK!

Daisy said...

Whoa, are you and Rabic already here? Wow, time goes fast. Are you coming to YFL tonight?

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh sheila...that's the best you've got? you totally gave that one away... ;)

michelle proclaims herself the champion