Saturday, July 21, 2007

Land of Magic

Disneyland.
Yesterday at the crack of dawn (5:30), Deirdre and Bing and I drove off to Anaheim. We met Sean and Andrew D. at 8 ish. It was my first time ever at the Land of Disney.
My favorite rides were the Mountains: Space, Splash, and Thunder. Oh, and It's a Small World, of course. (haha) We took some pretty crazy pictures, walked a LOT, rode a lot of rides, (not Nemo, though. the wait was about 3 hours. No fast passes.) The pictures of Splash Mountain were cool. And waiting in line watching everyone else go down was really funny, too. Food at Disneyland is way too expensive, in case anyone was wondering. But we had a really good time. We left at 9:29, found food and drove home, getting back at about 12:15. It was really only a two hour drive, we just took a really long time looking for food.
Anyway, if anyone ever goes to Disneyland, call me up and make sure I can't go with you.
All you need is love. And trees. And loving trees.
(I did not learn that at Disneyland, by the way, but at home right here in Ojai.)

PS. Happy almost birthday, Deirdre!

PS again: Check out the new link on my sidebar: Yuri Bashmet = my favorite person ever.

7 comments:

Daisy said...

Make sure you *can't* come with us? Fine, be that way. ;-)
Oooh, I love the mountain rides... especially Space Mountain. Hope you guys had a good time!

PB said...

YURI BASMET!! YES!!!!

PB said...

(Wow. I am really such a nerd. I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen...Just try to imagine someone who looks sort of like Johnny Cash or something who plays the viola really, really, really well. Times 10 to the 10,320,447.)

michelle said...

I really loved Thunder Mountain...that was the first AND ONLY time I've swore. Yep...what a fun ride.

Unfortunately, it's a small world wasn't open when we went. :'(

Anonymous said...

Paha! You swore after that ride, Peachy?? Ha ha! Hysterical.

Anonymous said...

yes i did. I was freaked out of my lil' wits.

Anonymous said...

that ride's freakin' awesome!!!!! i think it's funny you swore, though, meech. i didn't. it was cool, though.
*sigh* patty, i'm glad you feel the same way i do about mr. bashmet. he=absolutely amazing. i wish i could kiss him...
oh, y'know what sucks, though, patz? it doesn't say what SIZE viola he plays. i'm so mad about that.... but it sounds pretty darn good. i have a recording of him playing bruch romanze (my piece) and the walton (my new piece). oh yeah. he rocks my world.
so now we're nerds together, only i'm not sorry.