Monday, January 08, 2007

Yay, California!

Guess what? It's 78º in the shade. I love you, Ojai.
Something I don't love would be being a Freshman. I don't count, and school just basically sucks. Luckily for me, I'm a 'cool freshman' and so I get to be 1/2 of a person. Yay me!!
I also do love my viola. Still no name for the poor chap, but he's the cutest, and the best thing that happened last year.
Speaking of last year, and good things happening, my favorite parts of last year would probably be: My appendix... NOT, my new viola, (the same weekend, I might add), finding out that CA is so much better than I thought it would be, learning to boogie board, working on friendship making skills, (not, but whatever), tripping to WA, and having such an awesome orchestra, viola teacher, and music in Ojai. Yay!
Speaking of music, I have a concerto competition on Saturday. Gulp. I ran through with the pianist today, which was pretty cool.
That's all, folks.

8 comments:

Fiona S M Bernhoft said...

Uggh, it was boiling today. I hate this cage of a hot-box. I was very happy to be released for a short time into my native habitat last week... Like Free Willy, or something.

Anonymous said...

Go Free Willy, Go! Ha ha! Sheila, I think you will be the only one to get that...Ha ha ha!!!
It was SO great seeing you, Bingy! I just loved it.
It was SO nice seeing you ALL! Hugs all around, and I'll pray for you on Sat. with your concerto. Pray that my birthday party will be a success, but how could it not when all of these great WAonians will be there. Can't wait! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Shill, I'm glad that California is treating you better than what you imagined about 6 months ago. I'll pray for your concerto performance on Sat. You'll be terrific!

Bing... Free Willy? Yuck! Ha ha! :)

Fiona S M Bernhoft said...

Rose, I get the "go free willy go" thing, too. Ha.

Anonymous said...

Ah Shill, you're missing the snow! Darn. :)

Daisy said...

Yeah, I agree with Madeline. It's so weird reading that it's 78 degrees down there, while it's snowing up here. Freaky.
Good luck on your concerto competition!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Erin.
It's actually dropped 20 degrees in the last day, and it's supposed to rain here tomorrow or Friday or something, with snow down to 1500 feet. We're a bit shy of that, but TAC and upper Ojai are in that area. Wouldn't that be fun.
Knock yourselves out!

PB said...

Knock your face out