Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rain

Happy October!
And, while we're at it, happy birthday, Cowee.
And happy life-chain Sunday.
So what way could Mother Nature better celebrate all these things than raining? First time I've seen it in three months. I'm actually really apathetic about it, unlike Bing and Rabic and Mom who were dying for the rain. It's good, though, because it'll help the fire be extinguished, and it'll show that we're actually serious about being pro-life.
To celebrate, I'm making:

Crisscross Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup shortening (may substitute butter)
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar (packed)
1 C. PB
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. milk
1 1/2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Preheat oven to 375. Use 2 ungreased baking sheets.
Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in PB, and then the egg, vanilla, and milk. Stir together the flour, salt, BP and B. Soda; stir into the dough,
Place on baking sheets leaving 2 inches between the balls of dough. Flatten each ball crisscross fashion with a fork dipped in flour. Bake for 10-20 min, or until very lightly browned on top.

Enjoy the holidays and the rain, people! And have a merry and exuberant October.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, you have to learn. Sean is me. You can't steal it. that would be tacky. nrael.

Anonymous said...

What Rabic? I am a little confused. Sean is you? What is that supposed to mean? And I would never steal Sean. He's too good of a guy. God bless you, Rabico!!!
Happy feast of St. Therese everyone!!! And a very happy birthday to Cowee!

Kristin Deasy said...

EWWWW! MARGARINE?! What's WRONG with you? SICK!

Not that I have an opinion on that or anything.

Oh yeah, and if you roll the peanut butter cookies in sugar before you criss-cross them, it's super-good.

I miss cooking with you guys! I'm going to get really nostalgaic around Thanksgiving time...

Zenka said...

Hey, I subsitute butter. I've never used marg or shortening in cookies, dearie. :) Man, I wish I'd sugared them already. Too late now, though. And I had to make some substitutes, like chunky PB and pastry flour and stuff. It was all very strange, but I liked them anyway.
I KNOW! We were all talking yesterday about how we really wanted you to come visit for thanksgiving. Speaking of, what're you doing for it this year? Maybe you could go over to WWU and kill Claire and steal her plane ticket. Just kidding...
I promise I'll get that letter sent off one of these days... I am so bad.
Rabic is just weird. I love him anyway.

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Sean is, me, like he comments as Me. the name me. FLY DOWN FOR THANKSGIVING KRISTIN!!! Remember when you gave me potato milk with the muddie-buddies? Haha. good times.

Anonymous said...

Oh...Thanks Rabic! God bless you! I really miss you. I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Shill.... perfect choice of words: "merry and exuberant." It really rolls off my tongue. :) Mmm... rain! I'm happy for Bing, Rabic, and your Mom. I really want you to come over on a Friday night this Advent.... *sigh* :) God bless you inside out and backwards, Shill. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Hermes. Y'know what I just realized? I haven't actually talked to you at all since we left. Wow. Crazy. I sort of love the word exuberant. Thanks for loving it too.

Anonymous said...

Gosh Zenka, You still haven't made any of your Californian friends comment.

Zenka said...

sorry. I'll work on that.

Daisy said...

Mmm, peanut butter cookies sound really good right now.

Zenka said...

I know. Unforutenately my stinky fam already ate all of my pb cookies. :/

Anonymous said...

It Rained tody again. 10-13-06

Claire Russell / Group 8 said...

Friday the 13th! *thunder/lightning* I was going to ask you to save me a cookie for the next 39 days, but I guess it's too late. Oh.
Can't wait!...

Zenka said...

Actually, yeah. Thunder/lightning... :)