Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Gold Coast Music Festival = Da Bomb, yo.

What an awesome week. It'd take me forever to tell you all about it, (as I learned today with Michelle) so I think I'll give you a few highlights. But some of them aren't g rated, so I'll leave those ones out. Let's see.

øGetting up at 6:30 daily
øPlaying quartettes. Who doesn't love chamber music?
øListening to Radiohead on my iPod on the way home. Classical music gets a little bit exhausting after a while.
øPutting entire pieces of watermelon in my mouth at one time for about half the camp.
øProving that it is, in fact, possible to eat a graham cracker upside down.
øLaughing. By gosh, we did a lot of that.
øDrinking water sans hands. And getting it out of the igloo with our noses. Except I think only Abby could do that one.
øThe concerts
øGustav
øDaniel's little sister jumping on him and yelling in Russian/Enlgish.
øWashing my hair in the sink with foamy soap on Friday.
øWinning Super Smash Bro's or whatever that was.
øAbsolutely stinking at pool.
øPlaying the viola. Oh, and getting viola jokes thrown at me by Niv. And making fun of cellos to Peter. And making fun of violins in general, and 'being cool' because I'm a violist. And telling everyone the violin joke.

Speaking of which, I think it's great, and everyone should know it. I learned it at viola sectional.
Why are all viola jokes so short? So violinists can remember them.

And now I'm really sad, because it's over and I'm starting school next week. I'll have pictures eventually that I might consider putting up here.

Oh, and the Pernambuco tree was too cool. I want one of those so desperately... Hey, I don't think any of you guys got me a birthday present. It's not too late, y'know.
In the words of someone truly awesome, *hint hint*

6 comments:

Fiona S M Bernhoft said...

At first I thought zour profile picture was of a bunch of sausages hanging in a shop window. Then I realyed thez were violas.

michelle said...

that's great bing! Yea, Sheila, I really don't have much to say, that sounds pretty rad

Anonymous said...

I thought thez were pears.

Sheila, do zou love zour facebook? As a thank zou present to me, add Kevin F as a friend.

Anonymous said...

it's not sausage, pear, or anything else. it's violas.
incidentally, did you notice that two out of three bernhoft sisters thought it was some sort of food? maybe they really don't feed you in switzerland.
i love my facebook, keis. mwahahaha. kevin is most def. my friend. love you!
ps. lorn, do you love my words of wisdom at the end of the post? *hint hint*

valentina oliver said...

HeLLo

Anonymous said...

Upright testing to see if your annotation fuctinon works, abundance doesnt!