Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Hail Mary

Icelandic:
Heil sért þú, María, full náðar, Drottinn er með þér, blessuð ert þú meðal kvenna, og blessaður er ávöxtur lífs þíns, Jesús. Heilaga María, Guðsmóðir, bið þú fyrir oss syndugum mönnum nú og á dauðastundu vorri. Amen.

I'm really feeling my heritage with that one...

Tok Pisin (Pidgin English):
Ave, Maria, yu pulap long grasia. Lord, i stap long yu. Ol i onaim yu moa long ol meri, na ol i onaim Jisas, Em Pikinini bilong bel bilong yu. Santu Maria, Mama bilong God, pre bilong helpim mipela manmeri bilong sin, nau na long taim milpela i dai. Amen.

And that one just rocks...

Cheyenne:
Ave Maria, zenanosheamaesz Maheo zevissevata zeshivatamaet zeoxextohevoxzheeo, na ninanoshivatama nihevetoxeszexaet Jesus. Sana maria Maheo heeshk, nixaona-otshemen havsivevo-e-tastovez, hezeze namaxoost nanastonan. Enahaan.

Just look at that! Man, these people sure as heck know how to pray to their Mother! Jeepers.

Enjoyed those ones? Check out the sidebar for many more!

P.S. Happy 4 freakin' months! Gosh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty awesome! Wow! Fun fun fun...Get better, Sheila! Drink lots of nice warm drinks, and while your just lying there on the couch feel free to write me a letter. JK. But do get better soon. ;)

Anonymous said...

wow, pretty rad

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a nice sampling of languages. Nice link, too! I've always wanted to know how to say the Hail Mary in Aztec...
Anyhow, what the heck is "happy 4 freakin' months" supposed to mean?

Anonymous said...

It Means how long they have been here. Gosh.your only ⅓ american Erin.

Anonymous said...

That's great! I really like the Hawaiian:)

Zenka said...

I like the Icelandic because I'm all decended from crazy Icelandic men. I haven't even looked at them all. Sorta cool, though, huh?
And yeah, Happy 4 freakin' months means we've (being Deirdre and myself) have been here for 4 months. (And two days, now).
I hope you're all enjoying your morning beers.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I haven't had a chance to look at any of them besides the one you posted, Shill. Gr...Too busy. I hope you are all doing well! Send my love to the rest of your family. Great! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

just for the record Sheila, you got my blog address WRONG! Geez...