Saturday, August 12, 2006

Following Trends...

The recent trends among bloggers seems to be posting great quotes. So, I decided that a few of my own favorites were in order.

"Where there is no love, put love, and there you shall find it."
~St. John of the Cross

"Without the burden of afflictions, it is impossible to reach the height of grace. The gifts of grace increase as the struggles increase."
~St. Rose of Lima

"If you are who you should be, you will set the world ablaze!"
~Pope John Paul II (If you didn't know that, you should be shot)

"Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted."
~Anonymous Railroad Station Sign

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."
~Yogi Berra

"I have been told that Wagner's music is better than it sounds."
~Bill Nye

"If I could drop dead right now, I'd be the happiest man alive."
~Samuel Goldwyn.

I have way too many more, but those are probably the ones I identify best with. Especially the second to last. Now, if I could find one that said the same about Debussy...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the RR sign is m'favorite. Today I found a quote I'd written down from 'the 3 Musketeers' that goes something like this:
"And Lord deWinter retired swearing, which at that period was a very knightly habit." (ch 53)
That reminds me of all of the verses from songs the Virginian made up that were *unsuitable for printing*! Haha!

Anonymous said...

I got to read the Virginian. I have heard so much about it. I think I 'have' to read it for school next year. Hey Sheil, did you like 8th grade? Anyone have any thoughts on it? Hmm...
God bless!

Zenka said...

No. I hated 8th grade. Sucks to be you, Rose. I don't even remember what you're doing. The only thing I liked was art. That's a freaking fun book. But knowing you Curti, you're probably not doing it. 8th grade without art would be like cake without any frosting or sugar. *sigh* You poor child.
And if you say "God bless" on my blog again, I'll delete your comment. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

*thinking about what to say because I said everything in a letter I'm sending to you today*

Okay, I have nothing to say. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Ok Michelle. Say " YOU MORON" to Louie.

Anonymous said...

*hugs you too* Or to be more realistic: *wishes she could hug you* Sigh.

PB said...

What have you against Debussy? Besides the fact that his music always makes me fall asleep?

"God bless-" haha, at least she doesn't keep saying "ye be damned" or "devil take ye" or some such.

Zenka said...

I freaking hate Debussy. That's all there is to it. Ask me no questions I tell you no lies...
I wish I could hug you guys too. :)
Yay! Alissa totally commented. I'm proud of you.
ta-ta!

Anonymous said...

Okay Rabic, it's said and done. Louie said the same I think...(just in jest of course)