Sunday, September 17, 2006

Smoke= Plan Quasher

Imagine this picture with me: It's Saturday night, and you've just come back from Santa Barbara. You and your sister are imagining a great day at the beach the next day. You are planning on going to 7:30 Mass and then playing tennis for a few hours and heading to the beach to spend the afternoon. Also imagine that the beach is a great place to spend the afternoon. It's so much fun. You just hang out, freeze in the surf, boogie-board, and warm up again in the sand. Continue imagining: So, you wake up the next morning only to find that The Fire is smoking all the way over in Ojai and Ventura. Ventura's where the beach is. There's a thin layer of ash everywhere, and there are warnings not to leave the house. There's ugly smoke like a thick layer of brownish clouds above you. If you go outside, your throat hurts. There go your Sunday plans...
On the bright side, I had a fun weekend. Football and car washes, you name it. Kind of a bad way to end it, though. Enjoy the out-doors for me today, guys. Appreciate it. That's not a request.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How tragic. I guess you'll have to play indoor hide-and-go seek, so you can get used to your new surroundings. :) I am, and will enjoy the outside for you! Do you miss Northwest weather, Shill?

Anonymous said...

Nope. I love the heat. I don't even miss the rain. Rabs and Bing are missing it like crazy. I haven't seen rain since July 11th. But no, I don't miss the weather. I might if the leaves don't change here. They should, though, which makes me happy. I love leaves.
I actually worked on my 1000 piece jigsaw all afternoon. It's of the Sistine Chapel ceiling. It's been a lot of work.

Anonymous said...

Sheila, I havent seen rain since the 5th of july. I watched holes today. It was fun.

Anonymous said...

....and you talked to me! That was fun. ={D (Look, he has a mustache!)
I would miss Northwest wheather, despite how much I love the heat. That would be sad to me not to have it...
Thanks for starting the letter to me Rabic! I can't wait to recieve it, whenever that may be. Many thanks, my friend! God bless you!

Fiona S M Bernhoft said...

I am going to live in the Northwest when I grow up. And have an orchard. *sigh* And appreciate the rain, and not freeze to death. The smoke was aweful, I agree. It meant that I was totally distracted all day on Sunday, since they were talking about evacuating us, and it threw off my homework... Oh well. the fire is supposed to come back tonight at high speeds. I hope we don't get evacuated.